Thursday, March 22, 2012

Family Pledge Day 4 Update

I seriously pick the hardest things for me to do sometimes!

This challenge has been easier for Jake BY FAR than it has been for me. He only has to adjust to a few hours being different in his day. I have to adjust to ALL DAY being different! I am feeling REALLY out of touch with everyone in some ways, but in other ways I am feeling more in touch with my own environment. And really, WHY do I need to be up to date on what everyone else does all the time?? I don't.

So far I have really liked checking in at night, catching up all at once, and then being done. Its just moments throughout the day when I'm bored or want to procrastinate or REALLY need/want to talk to someone else. Thank goodness for texting!

Since I'm not getting sidetracked first thing in the mornings now, I have actually kept to my morning routine - granted this is only day 4. But hey, progress is progress! I'm also getting up earlier like I enjoy doing. And sleeping in is anywhere from 7 to 7:30 which still leaves us an OKAY-ISH amount of time to get ready without running around like crazies. I did go out last night though with some friends and didn't get home until 11:30.... which totally made my morning suck and I'm dragging today - but still on schedule.

If you follow me on Facebook you may have noticed an increase in picture posts. haha! I did disable FB checking from my phone, but I still text pics throughout the day and random updates via text too.... I just can't check them until our agreed upon time at night. This might seem like cheating but technically I'm not getting ON Facebook. ;o) I'm also doing that because I know a couple of Grandparents and Aunts who like to keep on our/my day. Plus its fun to get on at night and see chatter y'all leave me! I may be a homebody but I am definitely a person that likes to stay connected in some way, shape, or form.

I still have some kinks to work out in my daily routine - some things I have been WANTING to accomplish all week but haven't been able to nail down. Like laundry. HOLY SMOKES - if you could SEE my clean laundry piles you would probably run for the hills. Its ridiculous. That is my goal today. After my workout (at 9am) of course. ;o)

1 comment: