Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Settled

I realize that in comparison to others, we haven't been in the military for THAT long.... but Jake comes up on 12 years this summer, and a few days ago we had our 11th Anniversary. I think we are at the point where its no longer new and fun and something to figure out.... I think we are at the point where we are tired and burnt out and realize that we will never figure it out - because every place is different and the people are always changing.

I wannabe settled.

I long for the comfort that comes with knowing we won't be leaving an area again. Houses, maybe. But a state, city, town, support network, etc - will mostly stay the same.

I miss mountains. So badly do I miss mountains. Rolling hills don't count either....

I am tired of wondering when we will ever move again. Not if, but when. Its inevitable. Right now it isn't likely, but it is inevitable.

I miss being close enough to family that we can be a part of special occasions.

I really hate that some of my closest friends are literally spread all over the country. I'll never get used to that.

Mostly, I want a home that I KNOW is mine and I won't be told I will have to move out of it and into a new one in a place I have never been before. The excitement of that is kind of waning for me.

I know I'm blessed and I know I should "bloom where I'm planted" and yada yada yada.... and Ive done that. I've made the most of wherever we are and I will continue to do so. I just really miss familiarity and the comfort that comes from the same places and faces and spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment