Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Blogging

I wannabe a better blogger.

I've blogged for YEARS. For awhile I was really good at it. Had a great following. My blog was real, inspiring, funny, full of my everday. But then I got locked into the "mom blog" title and I kind of hit a wall. I guess thats what happens when you name your blog after your kids. I felt like it always had to be about them. I felt like it always had to be LONG. I felt like I had to please the masses that came to read everyday.

Then life got kinda messy. And some of it was ugly. I was afraid to share it. Afraid to be TOO real. So I shut up. For a long, long time.

If you've blogged for any amount of time, you may have noticed a weird phenomenon that happens after awhile.... you start to think in BLOG. You analyze a situation and your thinking process soon turns into a blog post process. You find yourself maybe editing how you would say something. You try to think of funny titles. Something to catch your readers attention. My point here is.... I've started thinking in BLOG again. But not in such a way that I want people to find me witty or funny or interesting, or even inspiring. Its a desire to share the real.

So many of us spend so much time analyzing our lives and how they can be different or better. We wonder if we are the only ones in our situation, or the only ones who think about the things we think about. We maybe even feel so completely alone in our thoughts, that we don't share them with anyone. We don't even think to say to someone "oh wow, I've felt like that too!" because we fear their reactions.

Ever since our base MOPS group got shut down (so incredibly sad, it still brings some of us to tears!) I've felt a huge absence in my life..... I have a need to be connected. We all do. We're human. We are made in God's image, and he made us for relationships. He made us to share. To encourage. TO BE REAL. Even if its on a small level. It doesn't have to be all of our dirty laundry.... even though that is the stuff everyone keeps hidden thinking "no one else deals with this."

Guess what? I'm tired of that.

So, I wannabe a better blogger in the hopes that each Confession of this Wannabe will encourage someone else. Speak to someone else. Help someone else. And maybe even get a laugh or two. Because I love the funny. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment